Saturday, December 25, 2010

So, gave away land

tight month, combined with the fact I had to visit my dad's for the holiday, wich always means I end up spending more money than I want, and I logged on to a reminder I had 1 more day on my tier, basically, if I either hadn't gone to my dad's, or had 1 more week to go, I could of swung it, but the situation being what it was, all that previous stuff, plus the fact I haven't been on as much the past few months, working on some RL project (work on a tabletop miniatures game, I'm designing some of the minis and background), decided it's time to let the land go.  But rather than just sell it to someone likely to raise everything and plop another shop down where my lab and graveyard used to be, and ban anyone from even talking in character within 20 meters of it, (I hate that, and always get irritated by communities in SL where every single thing changes from day to day, makes it feel less like a working city and more like a fever nightmare of some public service worker with ADD), I'd give the land to whoever meets 2 criteria, A. they keep the graveyard in some form or another, other people seemed to enjoy it afterall, and B. they had to keep it RP friendly, as in allow people to freely RP there, and don't be like some in the past that have done mass bannings based on people daring to speak as their characters within earshot of tourists.

I went on Babbage group chat after letting Tenk know, had one want to see the land, and then of course procede to tell me she didn't pay attention to what I had said, and  really would rather tear it all down and build herself a mall there, next please.
Fortunatly a Mr. Cornelius Fanshaw stepped in and took it, I exploded my lab, (I have to have some IC reason the lab was gone afterall, I built the place for RP, can't just have it dissappear as so many buildings seem to like doing when teir is up) though I hadn't really made a huge plot as to why (still somewhat burned by how my dissappearance played out, it wasn't that is was ignored, it was that the actual clues were, and I basically had to hold Gizzy's hand to get her to end it, ah well) Basically, IC, the pengi left out a pallet of steamweaver bombs from one of their late night holiday celebrations of violence, booze, and explosives.
I also somehow managed to explode the Tardis control room for Dr. Dinosaur (my villian alt that hasn't done alot quite yet), on the one hand, I'd of have to have taken it down anyway, but by blowing it up my uual way (set everythin to physical, and unlink, while running explosion scripts)  leaves alot of loose prims.....all ver Babbage.   So, I was cleaning peices out of the canal, one of my walls managed to get inside town hall, etc.  but eventually had the plant, lab, and tardis all cleared up, leaving the graveyard.

I logged on the next day to see if there was anything else Fanshaw needed, to see all the prims that were part of my graveyard were returned. Fortunatly, it was because he expanded the cemetary, alot, and had many of the same items I did already, such as the wrought iron fence from Miss Tesla and all.

So far, I'm pretty happy with what he's done with the place, it's much more larger and impressive.

I'll probably get another lot sometime when things aren't as tight (as they usually are during the holidays anyway), since someone else now has a cemetary in Babbage, I might focus on a haunted hotel (with rentals) or finally bag an underwater location.

For now, I'll still logg on and any interesting RP try and get involved in, but just won't be on as often, and possibly will take the time to hang out in the other steamlands I like, like Steelhead and Armada.




And somehow, Blogger says it's still the 25th, so Happy Holidays folks, whatever one you follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment