Thursday, August 2, 2012

state of RL and RP

So I haven't been posting on these blogs, I've been Rping, somewhat, but neglecting the blog part, only posting in my Babbage blogs, wich sort of defeats the purpose of keeping seperate character blogs, that being, to keep blog posts recorded should NB ever decide to change websites again. RL has been chuggng on. I managed to get a temp job for a couple months filing for my landlord's company. Unfortunatly the landlord also got back with his ex, who decidedthe basement should not be an apartment and it should be the 'common room' instead (IE his tv room). so I'm in a much more cramped spce for the time being. The temp job jut ended, but I've already been contacted for a graphics project, and an interview end of the week for a real job with a normal schedual. My primary goal for now is to get to a point where I can move out to a place ofmy own, preferably with no housemates or live-in, manic depressive landlords who mistake me for their therapist. Anyway, I've been on my alt more often the last few months. Attempted to kick off an RP with him involving hypnosis devices. I built the devices and put them around New Babbage, and in typical NB fashion, most ignored them. After a few months of occasional mention by well meaning types, and semi-IC snark, finally had some get interested. And so far it's gotten good, with robotic raptor attacks that even other people are making more IC comments on. I'm coming to te conclusion I can only really pull off roaming monster RP if I want to get the rest of the town involved. Unfortunatly, the temp job I was working in RL ended about the time rent on Dr. D's airspace was due, and it's a little too soon to blow up the airship. Fortunatly I've gotten an offer to house his tardis on their land for a time, so he has a base at least, and can always rezz the airship when it's needed. That's the nice thing about airships, they're mobile. Grendel, I hven't done as much with inworld. It's easier for me to RP on grendel when he has a lab or location for his less than ethical experiments in human reanimation. And with the current broke status again, and the destruction of Wylde Hospital, he's without such a space currently. I have plans and future RP for him, but most of the old Ordo Absconditus/Footman Industries crew aren't around the stamlands as much either, with Gizzy leaving SL and Langain giving up on Babbage. Star's still around but mostly focused on her own evil alt, so maybe it's time to give Grendel a short vacation and let a character unassociated with Footman Industries do his thing for a bit. I'd say Dr. D could be the next Dr. O, but frankly, that would involve more of babbage actually considering him a threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment